Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Taking the Summer Interns to See Bruce Springsteen: Priceless




















I'm not a veteran of Bruce Springsteen concerts. I've only been to about 25 in my life. That is NOTHING compared to REAL Bruce veterans, who log in at least hundreds if not thousands. I am fortunate enough to have "connections" with the Bruce machine, and I had the ability to take my summer interns to see Bruce Springsteen at Giants Stadium July 28, 2008 and watch him up close....like right in front of the stage.





This guy, as you all know is absolutely spectacular. And he just keeps going and going like the Energizer Bunny. In fact, the Energizer people should replace that pink bunny with Bruce. They'd get far more mileage.

Anyway, I've been going to the shows since the late 1970s, and most concerts just get better and better. There was something terribly missing last night. Just about everyone was on mark, and the whole stadium was electrified, but, maybe it's because I was standing right in front of the speakers, I don't know...but it was missing something. Obviously it was missing Danny Federici, and as much as the band tried to compensate for that, his magical music was a whole part of the atmosphere and it was certainly missed last night.

Another thing I noticed was how underused Clarence Clemens was. It's obvious that he is getting up there in years, and someone said that he may have been sick or is ill. I'm not sure which. He would shuffle to the center of the stage....and then retreat back to the side. In younger years, he was always front and center with Bruce, jumping and pumping and playing his heart out. I was almost afraid for him as he did his first sax solo, but, you know, he still "got it". Meaning, this guy was beyond perfect back in the day. Because as ailing as he seems, his music was still beautiful, soulful and heart rendering. So, A+ to you Clarence...and you are LOVED by all.

Speaking of magic, Max Weinberg had his son Jay on drums for Born to Run. One word: Electrifiying! He ROCKED the house.

Bruce had his daughter Jessica and her girlfriends out during the Twist and Shout encore and they were all adorable! They were up there twisiting and shouting and having a grand old time. More power to you girls! Each were prettier than the other (hey, I've got a handsome finance/engineering son at a prestigious university that you girls may want to facebook!!!)

Anyway, I am sorry that I missed the night before with Rosalita (boy I've been dancing to that one for 30 plus years!).

But anyway, thank you to Bruce and his band for another night of absolute bliss and fun and just, wow, just a great, great time.







Shop The Gift Basket Store: info@shopthegiftbasketstore.com




http://www.shopthegiftbasketstore.com

Bruce Springsteen, Max Weinberg, Jay Weinberg, Clarence Clemens, E-Street Band, Jessica Springsteen, Jessica Springsteen's friends, Bruce Springsteen July 28, 2008,

No comments: